Coming Soon: Social Media Management for Higher Education eBook
Posted on October 31, 2014
Update: This book is now available for purchase!
I’m very excited to preview a project that I’m working on. Over the last five years, I’ve managed social media marketing for a campus department, a small two-year college, and a large student loan servicer. During this time, I’ve attended lots of great conferences, read a bunch of books, viewed multitudes of webinars, and learned from some incredibly awesome people. I’ve decided to take much of what I’ve learned from training, experience, and networking and put it in an eBook.
Although the title is yet to be determined, I can tell you that it’s a fairly short (20-25 pages), accessible guide to many aspects of managing a campus (or department) social media program, including:
- How to use social media to extend your campus brand identity
- How to craft a social media content management strategy
- How to establish and implement your social media policies
- How to engage in social listening
- How to handle a crisis in social media
- How to manage a social media program
- How to continue your professional development
If you’ve read my prior blog posts, you know that I focus on providing helpful, actionable information that allows people to be better at what they do. This book is written in exactly the same way, and offers examples from a variety of higher education institutions.
It would be perfect for someone who is new to a social media management position, or has been asked to start a social media presence from scratch. It will also be helpful to mid- and senior-level administrators that are hiring someone to do this, so they can craft an appropriate job description and search for the right skill set.
The content is currently being edited, and I’m hoping to offer it for sale in late 2014 or early 2015. It will be available strictly as a digital download. In the meantime, I have some questions for you, dear reader. Please respond in the comments or by emailing me at liz @ lizgross dot net.
- Would you buy this book, or do you know someone that would?
- What would you be willing to pay for this type of book?
- Would you be interested in helping me tell others about the book, either by sharing it with your social network, reviewing it on your blog, or using some other creative method of communication?
I’m really excited about this project, and invite you to share any of your thoughts with me via comment or email message.
Want to be one of the first people to find out when the book is available? Be sure to subscribe to blog updates (upper right of each page, below the search bar), and you’ll get the special announcement email.